|1||Walkin' The Line|
Backing Vocals [Background Voices] – Andy Paley, Brian Wilson, Russ Titelman, Terence Trent D'arbyRecorded By [Rerecorded], Remix – Brad Gilderman, Mark LinettWritten-By – Alexandra Morgan, Brian Wilson, Eugene E. Landy, Nick Laird-Clowes
Backing Vocals [Background Voices] – Andy Paley, Brian Wilson, Christopher CrossRemix – Brad Gilderman
|4||There's So Many||2:46|
|5||Love And Mercy|
Engineer – Jim Linkner, Ron Klohs
Backing Vocals [Background Voices] – Andy Paley, Brian Wilson, Eugene E. LandyProducer – Brian Wilson, Lenny WaronkerRecorded By [Bluegrass Sections] – Rob DimitRecorded By, Mixed By – Mark Linett
|7||Meet Me In My Dreams Tonight|
Mixed By – Brad Gilderman, Mark LinettRecorded By – Brad GildermanWritten-By – Andy Dean, Brian Wilson
|8||Baby Let Your Hair Grow Long||3:15|
|9||Let It Shine|
Producer, Written-By – Brian Wilson, Jeff LynneRecorded By, Mixed By – Bill Bottrell
|11||One For The Boys|
Engineer [Assistant] – Sqeak StoneMixed By – Mark Linett
|1-25669, 9 25669-1||Brian Wilson|| Brian Wilson (LP, Album, Spe)||Sire, Sire, Reprise Records, Reprise Records||1-25669, 9 25669-1||US||1988|
|25P2-2130||Brian Wilson|| Brian Wilson (CD, Album, Promo)||Sire||25P2-2130||Japan||1988|
|none||Brian Wilson|| Brian Wilson (Cass, Promo, RE)||Rhino Records ||none||US||Unknown|
|25669.1||Brian Wilson|| Brian Wilson (LP, Album)||Sire, Reprise Records||25669.1||Australia||1988|
|8122799602||Brian Wilson|| Brian Wilson (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Warner Archives, Rhino Records , Sire||8122799602||Australia||2004|
- Accordion – Frank Morocco
- Acoustic Guitar [Steel String], Banjo, Mandolin – The Baystate Bluegrass Band
- Acoustic Guitar, Backing Vocals [Additional Background Voices], Electric Guitar, Harmonica – Andy Paley
- Arranged By [Vocal Arrangement], Backing Vocals [Background Voices], Bells, Electronics [Emulator], Glockenspiel, Lead Vocals [Lead Voices], Organ, Wind Chimes [Chimes] – Brian Wilson
- Art Direction, Design – Jeri Heiden
- Baritone Saxophone – Jay Migliori
- Bass – Andy Paley, Jeff Lynne, The Baystate Bluegrass Band
- Bass [Six-string] – Jeff Lynne
- Bells [Jingle Bells] – Andrew Dean
- Cello [Emulator Cello], Drums [Emu Tympani], Guitar [Synth Guitar] – Rob Mounsey
- Co-producer – Andy Paley (tracks: B3, B4)
- Computer – Michael Bernard
- Coordinator [Assistant Coordination] – Carol Hawkes, Jill Dell'Abate
- Coordinator [Production Coordination] – Marsha K. Burns
- Cymbal, Hihat – Tris Imboden
- Drum Machine – Bob Riley
- Drum Programming, Shaker – Jimmy Bralower
- Drums – Andy Paley, Michael Bernard, Tris Imboden
- Effects [Sound Effects] – Brian Wilson, Michael Bernard
- Engineer – Josh Abbey (tracks: A2 to B4), Mark Linett (tracks: A2 to B4)
- Engineer [Additional Engineering] – Brad Gilderman (tracks: A2 to B4), Craig Vogel (tracks: A2 to B4)
- Engineer [Assistant] – Claudio Ordenes, Craig Vogel, Dave Way, Rick Caughron, Roger Talkov, Tom Biener, Will Rogers
- Executive-Producer – Dr. Eugene E. Landy
- Flute – Hymen Katz, Michael Andreas
- Guitar – Dean Parks, Elliot Easton, Jeff Lynne
- Horns, Saxophone [Saxophone Solo] – Larry Williams
- Keyboards – Andrew Dean, Andy Paley, Brian Wilson, Jeff Bova, Jeff Lynne, Michael Bernard, Philippe Saisse
- Keyboards [Additional] – Larry Williams, Robbie Condor, Steve Lindsey
- Keyboards [Fairlight] – Todd Herreman
- Management – Tom Hulett
- Mastered By – Bernie Grundman
- Mixed By – Hugh Padgham (tracks: A1, A3 to A5, A7)
- Mixed By [Assisted By] – Bob Vogt
- Other [Assistant To Dr. Eugene E. Landy] – Andrew Dean
- Other [Assistant To Russ Titelman] – Alexabdra Saraspe Conomos
- Other [Business Management] – Flynn, Sean Corrigan, Traubner
- Other [Legal Representation] – John Mason
- Percussion – Andrew Dean, Andy Paley, Brian Wilson, Carol Steele, Michael Bernard
- Performer [Footsteps], Other [Assistant To Brian Wilson] – Kevin S. Leslie
- Photography By [Other Photography] – David Skernick
- Photography By [Photos Of Brian Wilson] – Kam Hinatsu
- Piano – Brian Wilson, Rob Mounsey
- Piccolo Flute – Hymen Katz
- Producer – Brian Wilson, Russ Titelman (tracks: A1, A3 to A5, A7, B1)
- Programmed By [Keyboard Programming] – Robbie Kilgore
- Programmed By [Synthesizer Programming] – Andrew Dean, Larry Williams, Michael Bernard, Philippe Saisse, Robbie Condor, Steve Lindsey
- Saw, Violin – Tony Salvage
- Saxophone – Michael Andreas
- Sequenced By – Jeff Bova
- Trumpet – Harry Kim, Lance Buller, Stuart Blumberg
- Vibraphone [Vibes] – Andrew Dean, Brian Wilson
- Written-By – Alexandra Morgan (tracks: A2, A6 to B1), Andy Paley (tracks: B1, B3, B4), Brian Wilson, Eugene E. Landy (tracks: A1 to A3, A7, B1)
This record is dedicated to those who won't hear it:
Dennis and Frieda.
Engineered in Los Angeles at Ground Control and The Village Recorders. Also engineered in New York at The Hit Factory.
Mastered at Bernie Grundman, Los Angeles.
A1 engineered in Honolulu at Dolphin Sound.
A1, A3 to A5 and A7 mixed at A&M Recording Studios, Los Angeles.
B1 remixed at A&M Recording Studios.
A2 rerecorded and remixed at Suma.
A6 mixed at Image.
B2 recorded and mixed at Larabee and Smoketree Ranch.
B3 recorded and mixed at Ground Control and Soundcastle. Bluegrass sections recorded at Twilite Sound, Boston, Mass.
"The music on this disc was originally recorded on analog equipment. We have attempted to preserve, as closely as possible, the sound of the original recording. Because of its high resolution, however, the Compact Disc can reveal limitations of the source tape."
On this original release, Eugene E. Landy was given a cowriter's credit on these songs and Alexandra Morgan was also co-credited on three of the songs. Those credits were removed on the 2000 rerelease, and are often regarded as spurious.
Sire Records Company [address]. Marketed by Reprise Records, a Warner Communications Company.
(c) 1988 Sire Records Company for the U.S. and WEA International Inc. for the world outside of the U.S.
(p) 1988 Sire Records Company for the U.S. and WEA International Inc. for the world outside of the U.S.
All rights reserved.
Manufactured in Germany. Fabriqué en Allemagne. Record Service GmbH, Alsdorf. A Warner Communications Company.
- Barcode (text): 0 7599-25669-1 9
- Rights Society: GEMA/BIEM
- Label Code: LC 3228
- Price Code (France): WE 381
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sire Records Company
- Copyright (c) – Sire Records Company
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – WEA International Inc.
- Copyright (c) – WEA International Inc.
- Manufactured By – Record Service GmbH
- Marketed By – Reprise Records
- Record Company – Warner Communications
- Engineered At – Ground Control Studios
- Engineered At – The Village Recorder
- Engineered At – The Hit Factory
- Engineered At – Dolphin Sound
- Mixed At – A&M Studios
- Recorded At – Suma Recording Studio
- Mixed At – Suma Recording Studio
- Mixed At – Image Recorders
- Recorded At – Larrabee Sound Studios
- Mixed At – Larrabee Sound Studios
- Recorded At – Smoketree Ranch
- Mixed At – Smoketree Ranch
- Recorded At – Soundcastle
- Mixed At – Soundcastle
- Recorded At – Ground Control Studios
- Mixed At – Ground Control Studios
- Recorded At – Twilite Sound
- Mastered At – Bernie Grundman Mastering